Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

For all your questions about software. Please use the gaming forum for gaming questions.

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby Preacher » 30 Mar 2014, 18:44

eStecko wrote:
Preacher wrote:I agree, even COD GHOSTS/BF4/Thief and other recent releases run better and much faster on Win 8.1 than on Win 7. Win 8.1 is very fast , smooth and reliable 8-)

Ofc, you upgraded your pc, so no wonder. Not to mention the performance comparisons have gaps of 0 - 2 fps in both ways making on clear winner. I mean what do you expect from OS that is build up from Win7. :P
Preacher wrote:And I have no doubt that in the near future upcoming games' Recommend Windows requirement would be Win 8 . :D

Nope. And there is a simple reason. Why would you create a game that would sell a lot less. Not to mention there are games exlusive to Win8 like Pinball FX2, which is actualy good, but nobody cares since there will be release for older OS this year. Also nobody really cares about DirectX 11.1 / 11.2 when "as the Microsoft declined to answer whether DX12 would support Windows 7, and the company may have a Windows 9 to sell by the time DX12 is released." and even then, it will take year(s) until DX12 is fully used by developers.


I am not saying to abandon win 7 and nor am I saying about Direct X thingy , I am saying that games releasing later in the Q3 or Q4 of this year might say that "Recommended Windows is Windows 8". I mean come on , Windows 8 was released on 2012 and its been almost 1.5 years , now slowly games will be needing Win 8 for their optimum performance. :geek:
User avatar
Preacher
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 12:02
Country: India (in)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 30 Mar 2014, 19:53

Preacher wrote:I am not saying to abandon win 7 and nor am I saying about Direct X thingy , I am saying that games releasing later in the Q3 or Q4 of this year might say that "Recommended Windows is Windows 8". I mean come on , Windows 8 was released on 2012 and its been almost 1.5 years , now slowly games will be needing Win 8 for their optimum performance. :geek:

If you mean "recommended setup" on backside of the box, than that's already a thing since Win8 release. Not that those "recommendations" are accurate since even my wooden pc can run those games that want 16core cpu's. :mrgreen:
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby Calv » 31 Mar 2014, 12:02

I felt like Windows 7 ran my games smoother than 8.1 did. But I don't know, I think they're just equally smooth.
User avatar
Calv
 
Game Admin Clan Member Donator Recent Donator
Posts: 3305
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 21:53
Location: Arnhem
Country: Netherlands (nl)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 31 Mar 2014, 12:12

Calv wrote:I felt like Windows 7 ran my games smoother than 8.1 did. But I don't know, I think they're just equally smooth.

That's why... ;)
Image

Image
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby MaliBoo » 31 Mar 2014, 19:21

eStecko wrote:
Calv wrote:I felt like Windows 7 ran my games smoother than 8.1 did. But I don't know, I think they're just equally smooth.

That's why... ;)
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Those are not really conclusive results.
User avatar
MaliBoo
 
Game Admin Clan Member
Posts: 6866
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 21:02
Country: Marshall Island (mh)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 31 Mar 2014, 20:22

MaliBoo wrote:
eStecko wrote:
Calv wrote:I felt like Windows 7 ran my games smoother than 8.1 did. But I don't know, I think they're just equally smooth.

That's why... ;)
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Those are not really conclusive results.

I hope this makes it more... "conclusive".
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

  • Windows 7 nets three wins: 3DMark Physics, Dirt 3, Hitman
  • Windows 8.1 nets three wins: 3DMark Graphics, Skyrim, and BF4 Multi-Player
  • Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 tie in six tests: Civ 5, Deus Ex, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, and BF4 Single-Player
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby MaliBoo » 31 Mar 2014, 20:41

Did you even look at those pictures or are you posting them for the sake of posting? They share results 50-50 and even then its by a few points. It means nothing.
User avatar
MaliBoo
 
Game Admin Clan Member
Posts: 6866
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 21:02
Country: Marshall Island (mh)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 31 Mar 2014, 20:48

MaliBoo wrote:Did you even look at those pictures or are you posting them for the sake of posting? They share results 50-50 and even then its by a few points. It means nothing.

... i see, well that explains everything. You don't read what i just said. :lol:
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby MaliBoo » 31 Mar 2014, 20:54

eStecko wrote:
MaliBoo wrote:Did you even look at those pictures or are you posting them for the sake of posting? They share results 50-50 and even then its by a few points. It means nothing.

... i see, well that explains everything. You don't read what i just said. :lol:

If you're referring to those few bulletpoints at the bottom of the post, I thought it was pasted from the website you got pictures from. Yeah its basically tie on every single picture and you posted it to backup your claims of 7 being smoother. Still dont see what's your point.
User avatar
MaliBoo
 
Game Admin Clan Member
Posts: 6866
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 21:02
Country: Marshall Island (mh)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 31 Mar 2014, 21:01

MaliBoo wrote:you posted it to backup your claims of 7 being smoother.

Except i didn't nor did i claimed so after correcting myself. Could you, please, atleast try to read them letters.

Calv: I think they're just equally smooth.
Me: That's why... results links. (or read it as - because they are equal, or read it as what i said before - "I mean what do you expect from OS [Win8] that is build up from Win7.")
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby MaliBoo » 31 Mar 2014, 21:13

eStecko wrote:"I mean what do you expect from OS [Win8] that is build up from Win7.")

That same builtupfromwin7 somehow manages to break "80% of games" that work flawlessly on 7.
User avatar
MaliBoo
 
Game Admin Clan Member
Posts: 6866
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 21:02
Country: Marshall Island (mh)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 31 Mar 2014, 21:17

MaliBoo wrote:
eStecko wrote:"I mean what do you expect from OS [Win8] that is build up from Win7.")

That same builtupfromwin7 somehow manages to break "80% of games" that work flawlessly on 7.

*Sigh*
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10541#p171580
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby Cheezzhead » 01 Apr 2014, 18:11

I don't get this discussion. Calv said he experienced games to be equally as smooth on win7 and win8.1, and estecko posted benchmarks to back that up. What's the problem?
[00:04] PyRo: WHY DID I JOIN THIS SERVER?!
[00:04] PyRo: no w8, its 2011
[00:04] PyRo: dat_server
User avatar
Cheezzhead
 
Site Admin Global Moderator Game Reviewer Event Manager Donator Game Admin Clan Member Recent Donator Code Monkey
Posts: 6120
Joined: 31 Oct 2009, 22:55
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands (nl)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 01 Apr 2014, 19:08

Cheezzhead wrote:I don't get this discussion. Calv said he experienced games to be equally as smooth on win7 and win8.1, and estecko posted benchmarks to back that up. What's the problem?

Mali forgot to read entire topic and was on a... different note. We've all been there before. :mrgreen:
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby oldFox-64 » 17 Apr 2014, 14:46

A month since I use W8... I like it :mrgreen: It's fast, no breaks and windows explorer is smart.

estecko, is stupid to argue that windows 8 has worse performance or is not an "gaming OS", as this part of W7 and plus it consumes less resources... You yourself see in these graphs that the performance is the same, if slightly worse it's because of lack of patches.

btw http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/02/micros ... ndows-8-1/
Image
User avatar
oldFox-64
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:30
Location: Neo Kobe
Country: Spain (es)

Re: Purchased Windows 8 . Some Queries/Doubts

Postby eStecko » 17 Apr 2014, 15:59

oldFox-64 wrote:A month since I use W8... I like it :mrgreen: It's fast, no breaks and windows explorer is smart.

estecko, is stupid to argue that windows 8 has worse performance or is not an "gaming OS", as this part of W7 and plus it consumes less resources... You yourself see in these graphs that the performance is the same, if slightly worse it's because of lack of patches.

btw http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/02/micros ... ndows-8-1/

Except i didnt say that? Well i did, then i got information that those issues were mostly fixed and i acknowledged my wrongs.

Just a pro tip... read the topic next time?
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
User avatar
eStecko
 
Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin
Posts: 5483
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25
Country: Japan (jp)

Previous

Return to Software

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron