Titanfall

Wrote a nice review or preview? Post it here!

Titanfall

Postby eStecko » 10 Mar 2014, 17:15

HYPE TRAIN COMING TO OUR STATION! GLHF!

Gerne: FPS with robots and minions, yummy
Price: € 59,99 @Origin

Last edited by eStecko on 11 Mar 2014, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
eStecko

Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin

Re: Titanfall

Postby MrBrooks » 10 Mar 2014, 21:07

One question- worth the price at this moment?

I can't watch the reviews now. What does Biscuit say?
MrBrooks

Donator Global Moderator Clan Member Recent Donator

Postby eStecko » 10 Mar 2014, 21:15

MrBrooks wrote:One question- worth the price at this moment?

It is what Call of Duty shoud've been in terms of "evolution of MMS gerne". Few things were added since beta as few perks and weapons. Maps are in general well made and designed with "hunter becoming the hunted" vertical gameplay in mind. Game modes are the biggest downfall of the game, since it has TDM, CTF, DOM, LTS and Attrition with no lengtly objective based modes as Enemy Territory or Brink. Most people's complaints are "that's not enough" (be it game modes or content for the price) even if the game is crapton of fun and we already know of 4 planned DLC packs coming our way, so prepare your wallet for them map packs. It is great, it is fun, but some people will be rightfully downed by those crawling "issues".
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

eStecko

Postby MrBrooks » 10 Mar 2014, 21:17

eStecko wrote:
MrBrooks wrote:One question- worth the price at this moment?

It is what Call of Duty shoud've been in terms of "evolution of MMS gerne". Few things were added since beta as few perks and weapons. Maps are in general well made and designed with "hunter becoming the hunted" vertical gameplay in mind. Game modes are the biggest downfall of the game, since it has TDM, CTF, DOM, LTS and Attrition with no lengtly objective based modes as Enemy Territory or Brink. Most people's complaints are "that's not enough" (be it game modes or content for the price) even if the game is crapton of fun and we already know of 4 planned DLC packs coming our way, so prepare your wallet for them map packs. It is great, it is fun, but some people will be rightfully downed by those crawling "issues".

Single Player and MP integration is basically just what we saw in the Beta, then? Some voice over BS and that's it?
MrBrooks

Postby eStecko » 10 Mar 2014, 21:25

MrBrooks wrote:Single Player and MP integration is basically just what we saw in the Beta, then? Some voice over BS and that's it?

There is a campaign mode, which is MP match - Attrition or DOM - with more dialog over the little screen in top right and cutscenes at start of the map. It's only purpose is to give vague lore and to slow you down from getting custom non-Atlas titans.

MP is split in what was in beta. Select one of the 5 modes or variety pack with random maps on RE's dedicated servers. Personaly i would expect some datacenters crashing on launch week.

eStecko

Postby MrBrooks » 10 Mar 2014, 21:31

I'm not impressed, to be honest.
MrBrooks

Postby eStecko » 10 Mar 2014, 21:32

MrBrooks wrote:I'm not impressed, to be honest.

Nobody cares about SP in FPS games with focus on MP since CoD4. So why would they bother with one anyway. :mrgreen:

eStecko

Postby MrBrooks » 11 Mar 2014, 17:46

eStecko wrote:
MrBrooks wrote:I'm not impressed, to be honest.

Nobody cares about SP in FPS games with focus on MP since CoD4. So why would they bother with one anyway. :mrgreen:

You know, I kind of wanted to see if someone could pull off this kind of integration. Nevermind that it was one of TF-s selling point, I wanted to see if they could make rounds "feel" as if they mattered, even if it was for the first 10-20 rounds or so. A half-assed attempt at this was the last thing I was expecting.
MrBrooks

Postby eStecko » 11 Mar 2014, 20:30

MrBrooks wrote:You know, I kind of wanted to see if someone could pull off this kind of integration. Nevermind that it was one of TF-s selling point, I wanted to see if they could make rounds "feel" as if they mattered, even if it was for the first 10-20 rounds or so. A half-assed attempt at this was the last thing I was expecting.

They pulled it off very well in ET and Brink. Although i will say that your expectations were too high. :P

eStecko

Postby eStecko » 14 Mar 2014, 12:25

* Adding more coverage of ze_hypetrain. Now go hate this game to be cool kids! * :roll:

eStecko

Postby bl0m5t3r » 15 Mar 2014, 16:38

regardless of positive or negative comments, i'm really loving the game. to me this is really the new cod which i played so long. it's fluent, it's fun, it's easy to learn and hard to master, there are plenty of maps to keep me busy for a while, and i'll just say it one more time: it's FUN!

also wondering who else from FK bought it. :mrgreen:

Im not pro Jugger. Im anti-whining. Theres a major difference.(c) MrBrooks
bl0m5t3r

Clan Member Global Moderator Site Admin Game Admin Recent Donator Code Monkey Donator

Postby eStecko » 15 Mar 2014, 17:09

bl0m5t3r wrote:regardless of positive or negative comments, i'm really loving the game. to me this is really the new cod which i played so long. it's fluent, it's fun, it's easy to learn and hard to master, there are plenty of maps to keep me busy for a while, and i'll just say it one more time: it's FUN!

also wondering who else from FK bought it. :mrgreen:

This is very much true. It is a CoD game we wanted since 2007 with features and new-ish gameplay. It even feels like we got 2 CoD games released but one has a different name and isnt CoD4.-5. What i love even more, is that they didnt released the game with 200 weapons that are same in their own category *cough* Battlefield *cough*.

As to the question of "is it worth the money", the answer is... do you like fun? Even if in my opinion the game is EA's overpriced $40 to $60 with season pass sticker on top of it, the fun factor for me, make the $60 worth it.

I'll be picking the game up next week or so.

eStecko

Postby darthmaim » 15 Mar 2014, 17:57

I enjoyed the beta, but wasnt sure how the other maps, gamemodes, ... turn out. But everyone seems to enjoy it, so i guess i am buying it soon.
eStecko wrote:I'll be picking the game up next week or so.
darthmaim

Recent Donator Donator Clan Member Game Admin

Postby Benjam » 15 Mar 2014, 18:37

bl0m5t3r wrote:also wondering who else from FK bought it. :mrgreen:

downloading it atm and looking forward to play with you guys!!!

(btw is there a origin-name-thread anywhere?)
Benjam

Vote Counter Clan Member Game Admin Donator

Postby eStecko » 15 Mar 2014, 18:56

Benjam wrote:
bl0m5t3r wrote:also wondering who else from FK bought it. :mrgreen:

downloading it atm and looking forward to play with you guys!!!

(btw is there a origin-name-thread anywhere?)

Yup, there is... viewtopic.php?f=77&t=6353&p=103478

Copy paste, because i can...

csniper - xxxcsniper
blomster - bl0m5t3r
ahmed - aah90
delirium - dark0v
kelevra - Kelevra1902
caruso - caruso_omg
the one and only - soljaNOOB
supafly - thehalo1
sadhubaba - Sadhu1911
lansing - 31066
benjam - B3njam
hak knak - Hacknack
brandje - Brandje
dunized - Dunized
linkups - Linkups
srbak - SrbAK
lekiller - lennart-wilkens
capper - Crappah
paledriver - palerider1942
huawa - huawaNOOB
stormi - stormNOOB
allarick - Allarick2392
cheezzmad - Cheezzhead
nestle - nestleHD
calv - ABumFluff
bam - Bamsta
whiskey - Jwhiskeye
estecko - estecko
Last edited by eStecko on 15 Mar 2014, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

eStecko

Postby caruso » 15 Mar 2014, 21:09

mine is caruso_omg
caruso

Game Admin Clan Member Donator Recent Donator

Postby eStecko » 15 Mar 2014, 21:27

caruso wrote:mine is caruso_omg

hacker

eStecko

Postby bl0m5t3r » 15 Mar 2014, 21:47

also made a TS channel for titanfall :)

i notice that i love playing as pilot and a lot less as titan. (usually set it to automode and i'm not attracted to the last titan standing mode). but it could also be that im just a total noob with a titan :) still have to try some modes though, and there are quite a few maps, haven't even played all of them i think. actually only know the 3 from the beta pretty good, the rest i still need to learn a bit.

Only drawback so far is that there is no map selection or custom rotations we are used to from other games. its not really a biggie for me at the moment, but i can imagine that it will reduce the longetivity in the long run. luckely all maps are imho very well designed and with the wallrun, doublejump and overal fluidity of the game it just feels great. be ready to think vertical and expect to be able to reach pretty much any point in a map.

Im not pro Jugger. Im anti-whining. Theres a major difference.(c) MrBrooks
bl0m5t3r

Clan Member Global Moderator Site Admin Game Admin Recent Donator Code Monkey Donator

Postby eStecko » 21 Mar 2014, 21:33

The game is fun. Most probably because i dont suck at it. :mrgreen:

Wow, such pro tips. Time to get tryharding. :)

eStecko

Postby huawa » 22 Mar 2014, 00:05

eStecko wrote: Most probably because i dont suck at it. :mrgreen:

like you would suck in any shooter lol
[22:19] soljaNOOB: inb4 ultrAslan becomes more pro than us by playing wars all the time
[22:20] huawa: finaly u admitted u are pro!!!!

soljaNOOB: wanna spectate abz and see him lose since he doesnt play eve..
huawa

Game Admin Clan Member Recent Donator Donator

Next

Return to Reviews & Previews