Starwars bettlefront - Beta

The latest industry news.

Starwars bettlefront - Beta

Postby bl0m5t3r » 07 Oct 2015, 18:17

Starting tommorrow, we can all play the beta.
Preloading has started, so get your Origin working and be ready for tomorrow!

<random gameplay video>

Im not pro Jugger. Im anti-whining. Theres a major difference.(c) MrBrooks
bl0m5t3r

Clan Member Global Moderator Site Admin Game Admin Recent Donator Code Monkey Donator

Re: Starwars bettlefront - Beta

Postby Dunized » 08 Oct 2015, 00:17

Hell yeah, can't wait to play this shit.
Dunized

Retired Fragger Donator

Postby eStecko » 08 Oct 2015, 05:28

Sound on the imploder is the best thing in the world. :P - https://streamable.com/u60t

Also more gameplay, because reasons! And people to entertain you, instead of barren gameplay. :P

The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

Honor, Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Rectitude
eStecko

Global Moderator Clan Member Game Reviewer Game Admin

Postby Dunized » 09 Oct 2015, 15:57

The game runs like crap on my PC, around 40 fucking fps. While Battlefield 4 runs on like 150. Other than that, I really hate the third person mode. Joining as a lobby doesn't work properly, can't run it on fullscreen. The game is just a total fucking mess!
Dunized

Retired Fragger Donator

Postby eStecko » 09 Oct 2015, 20:10

The game runs like crap on my PC, around 60 solid fps on max settings. While CoD4 runs on like 250. Other than that, I really hate the getting killed game mode, I mean rebels on AT-AT map, since it requires coordination. Joining as a lobby works fine, although it gets a bit buggy when someone else is already in a game and can't join into your lobby... oh, wait, that's not a bug. Fullscreen, windowed mode and borderless fullscreen works just fine. The game is just good!

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway. That was my experience. My main issue is, if this game will have enough gamemodes/maps to justify it's full price. And we can't see that in beta, so yet again, gotta wait for release... Let's hope it's not another Titanfall, that showed everything in beta and had nothing new in full version.
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Knowing may be a half the battle, but in some cases proper spirit can win the battle before it even starts.

eStecko

Postby MrBrooks » 10 Oct 2015, 09:00

eStecko wrote:The game runs like crap on my PC, around 60 solid fps on max settings. While CoD4 runs on like 250. Other than that, I really hate the getting killed game mode, I mean rebels on AT-AT map, since it requires coordination. Joining as a lobby works fine, although it gets a bit buggy when someone else is already in a game and can't join into your lobby... oh, wait, that's not a bug. Fullscreen, windowed mode and borderless fullscreen works just fine. The game is just good!

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway. That was my experience. My main issue is, if this game will have enough gamemodes/maps to justify it's full price. And we can't see that in beta, so yet again, gotta wait for release... Let's hope it's not another Titanfall, that showed everything in beta and had nothing new in full version.

Wait, so you're saying it's perfectly fine for a beta, which maps consist of white snow to run significantly worse than a game which got released 2 years ago and which levels consist of... pretty much everything you can see in an urban setting? Its DICE, forget it not.

I saw the minimum requirements. Its amazing. I just played an open world sandbox game made by a japanese goofball and you could make his game work on an integrated Intel chip...

Of course, you can always just buy a better PC. But at the end of the day, the game doesn't look visually that impressive to justify its ridiculous requirements.
MrBrooks

Donator Global Moderator Clan Member Recent Donator

Postby Crapper » 10 Oct 2015, 10:22

Game runs very smooth for me, just 1 crash so for a Beta well done.
It's a but too arcady for me and I am missing a lot of stuff like we had in BF.
Fun for a few days but not really my kind of game.
Crapper

Site Admin Clan Member Game Admin Recent Donator Donator Global Moderator

Postby bl0m5t3r » 10 Oct 2015, 10:44

Crapper wrote:Game runs very smooth for me, just 1 crash so for a Beta well done.
Fun for a few days but not really my kind of game.

Exactly my feeling. Game runs great, no crashes or troubles. Yet is feels too plain, simple and sluggish.
I will play some more to see if that changes when i unlock some more stuff, but i think i'll be done soon.

Im not pro Jugger. Im anti-whining. Theres a major difference.(c) MrBrooks
bl0m5t3r

Clan Member Global Moderator Site Admin Game Admin Recent Donator Code Monkey Donator

Postby huawa » 10 Oct 2015, 13:06

1 realy big crash, that was all in 1,5 to 2hours i was playing it, so far, no thank you.

watching some streams or something when the game ist out, maybe i can see something different there then... but i doublt it
[22:19] soljaNOOB: inb4 ultrAslan becomes more pro than us by playing wars all the time
[22:20] huawa: finaly u admitted u are pro!!!!

soljaNOOB: wanna spectate abz and see him lose since he doesnt play eve..
huawa

Game Admin Clan Member Recent Donator Donator

Postby eStecko » 10 Oct 2015, 15:09

MrBrooks wrote:
eStecko wrote:The game runs like crap on my PC, around 60 solid fps on max settings. While CoD4 runs on like 250. Other than that, I really hate the getting killed game mode, I mean rebels on AT-AT map, since it requires coordination. Joining as a lobby works fine, although it gets a bit buggy when someone else is already in a game and can't join into your lobby... oh, wait, that's not a bug. Fullscreen, windowed mode and borderless fullscreen works just fine. The game is just good!

Wait, so you're saying it's perfectly fine for a beta, which maps consist of white snow to run significantly worse than a game which got released 2 years ago and which levels consist of... pretty much everything you can see in an urban setting? Its DICE, forget it not.

I saw the minimum requirements. Its amazing. I just played an open world sandbox game made by a japanese goofball and you could make his game work on an integrated Intel chip...

Of course, you can always just buy a better PC. But at the end of the day, the game doesn't look visually that impressive to justify its ridiculous requirements.

What you talking about silly, CoD4 was not released 2 years ago. :mrgreen:

For something that doesn't take 5 minutes to load into a small map with few destructible walls, has no hitches, seems perfectly stable and seems to have literally no loading/transition times or potato texture streaming, I'd say it's damn impressive on that engine. Speaking as someone who doesn't run high-end PC. And as for the graphics, I'm happy with something that doesn't go with the popular gray/brown color palette and 2000 post process effects to hide behind. It's clean, sharp, backgrounds are amazing and most importantly, it looks and sounds like a Star Wars game.

But hey, I just don't care about graphics, unless they don't look terrible. Which is also a reason I spent more time in this game, than in Battlefront.

eStecko

Postby ReneFunga » 28 Oct 2015, 09:30

Last edited by bl0m5t3r on 28 Oct 2015, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: last chance. - dont post spam links.
ReneFunga

BANNED!

Postby Bam » 23 Nov 2015, 14:40

Someone know where i can get a cheap key for this game ?

I don't want to put more than 40€ for this...
أنا ابن 12 سنة وما هي هذه اللعنة
Bam

Recent Donator Clan Member Game Admin

Postby eStecko » 24 Nov 2015, 22:23

Bam wrote:Someone know where i can get a cheap key for this game ?

I don't want to put more than 40€ for this...

Wait and follow https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

Honestly, you won't get a bettter deal, than €48 on retailers like GMG, etc. But there will be a sale for this game after a year, like €15 for the base game and all DLC. :P

eStecko

Postby eStecko » 27 Nov 2015, 21:48

Aaaaaand shameless double post.

eStecko

Postby MrBrooks » 04 Dec 2015, 10:24

Its shit. Its such inbelievable shit. I have no idea how can anyone justify sinking any time into this game. From the reviews, gameplay footage and the discussions, it seems like the only real reason to play this game is stats and stats alone. A sense of accomplishment via ingame progression.

DICE is not what they used to be. Hello guys.
MrBrooks

Postby Crapper » 04 Dec 2015, 15:22

MrBrooks wrote:Its shit. Its such inbelievable shit. I have no idea how can anyone justify sinking any time into this game. From the reviews, gameplay footage and the discussions, it seems like the only real reason to play this game is stats and stats alone. A sense of accomplishment via ingame progression.

So you were one of those few who bought it?
Hope Dice will be able to fix it on time like getting rid of the matchmaking and give it more content before it dies out completely on PC.
Now quit fooling around, you know were to find us.
Crapper

Site Admin Clan Member Game Admin Recent Donator Donator Global Moderator

Postby MrBrooks » 05 Dec 2015, 10:40

Crapper wrote:
MrBrooks wrote:Its shit. Its such inbelievable shit. I have no idea how can anyone justify sinking any time into this game. From the reviews, gameplay footage and the discussions, it seems like the only real reason to play this game is stats and stats alone. A sense of accomplishment via ingame progression.

So you were one of those few who bought it?
Hope Dice will be able to fix it on time like getting rid of the matchmaking and give it more content before it dies out completely on PC.
Now quit fooling around, you know were to find us.

I knew better than to buy it. I knew from the first footage videos that the game is going to be a bland piece of crap. Didnt know that even my worst fears would be crushed :mrgreen:

I recently had a small LAN thing with a few friends and we played BF2. My god, that game was so good...

How many of you still do BF4?
MrBrooks

Postby huawa » 05 Dec 2015, 21:58

crap, leki, crepler, keez, paq, medi (Feneden - you dont know him??) and me

and yes, battelfront was giving me nothing after the beta - newer footage or livestreams dont make me wanna buy it at all
[22:19] soljaNOOB: inb4 ultrAslan becomes more pro than us by playing wars all the time
[22:20] huawa: finaly u admitted u are pro!!!!

soljaNOOB: wanna spectate abz and see him lose since he doesnt play eve..
huawa

Game Admin Clan Member Recent Donator Donator

Postby MrBrooks » 05 Dec 2015, 22:20

huawa wrote:crap, leki, crepler, keez, paq, medi (Feneden - you dont know him??) and me

and yes, battelfront was giving me nothing after the beta - newer footage or livestreams dont make me wanna buy it at all

Haha, that exact same gang! You guys are persistant! What about Caruso?
MrBrooks

Postby Bam » 06 Dec 2015, 14:34

A friend has Battlefront and i played a couple of hours with his account.
The game is oriented team play but nobody seems to care about objectives... Everyone run everywhere and try to kill the most player they can. It's like all game type was TDM.

Sometimes you can have good games and sometimes it's a total rape... Spawn kills, nades, heroes and vehicles everywhere...

But you can still have fun on small maps with the DL-44. You just need to avoid 20vs20.

But if we talk about the price, i'm not sure it's worth 60€. I could pay 30€ max for this.
أنا ابن 12 سنة وما هي هذه اللعنة
Bam

Recent Donator Clan Member Game Admin

Next

Return to Gaming News