So looks like we are getting supreme update on 15th of April. Let's get the hype rolling. I'll add short summary into the spoiler under, so you dont have to go trough all the letters by yourself.
FEATURE PATCH CONTENT
All Topics List
Traits Unleashed: Forty New Traits and More!
- Adding 5 Grandmaster traits for each class. 1 per each trait line.
- 70 trait points reduced into 14. You will spend 1 trait point for current 5 points going right up to minor/major traits.
- Trait books removed.
- Trait refunds are free and can be done in your trait screen, like in PvP. No need to visit a trainer. You can also remove trait points instead of full refund.
- You will have to unlock major traits by exploring the world, doing certain events or you buy them from a trainer.
The Art of Combat - Upgrades Rebalanced
- Runes will have increased values on higher ranks to be more viable against mixed rune-sets or full on gems only build.
- Chance proc rune sets will have increased chances across the board (some go from 5% to 50% chance). The cooldowns will be balanced around this and their use shoud be a lot less "RNG".
- In PvP single runes are replaced by full 6/6 rune-set. Split rune builds will no longer be available.
- Sigil decriptions expanded to give more details of their exact functuality.
- Sigils will no longer share same global cooldown in their sub-tier (on swap, on crit, on kill, etc).
- Unequping weapon with "on kill" sigil will result in loosing your stacks you have gained from it.
- You will be able to have 2 sigils on two-handed weapon.
- Sigils will have balanced cooldowns and increased chances. For instance sigil of Air will go from 30%/5sec to 50%/3sec. Since sigil of Fire was better all around due to it's AoE.
- Some "on crit" sigils have been reworked into "on hit" to removed their reliability on precision stat. This affects most support sigils.
- Crit damage will be determined by new stat called Ferocity. At level 80, this is 15 fetocity for 1% crit damage. It is expected that crit damage from full zerker set will drop down by ~10%.
- Crit damage will now be calculated correctly when your level is scaled down.
- Celestial gear will have all stats increased by ~6%.
- After the update, the Hero UI screen will show you current crit damage instead of how much extra crit damage you gain from your gear.
Introducing the Wardrobe System and Dyes in the New Account Wardrobe
- Items with linear progression will have items they are made of retroactively added into player's wardrobe. Spinal Backpiece and precursors for Legendaries.
Social Play Improvements
- You’ll now be able to see the last login date for guild members.
- Added some additional support the Looking For Group system, mostly WvW.
- You will now be able to specify main language.
Account-Bound WXP, Legendaries, and Ascended Gear
- World XP will be account bound. Points you spend in WvW progression will not be linked between your characters, therefore you can vary your builds.
- Ascended equipment will always remain account-bound and will not soulbind to a character when equipped.
- Legendary weapons will continue to be tradeable until equipped, at which point they will become account-bound (rather than soulbound).
Say Goodbye to Armor Repair Costs and Hello to Free Trait Resets
- Armor repair will be free.
- Overall nerf to gold-gain from champion trains.
- Mystic forge: chances for pearl stuff reduced. Precursor chance won't be changed.
PvP Rewards, Reward Tracks and Gear Unification
- Your personal PvE visual customization will be same as the one in PvP.
- Skins you gained in PvP will be added into your account wardrobe.
- (Attached screenshot below) PvP, Dungeons and exploration will give new rewards as loot boxes, crafting materials, Transmutation Charges, weapons, armor, skill points, Tomes of Knowledge and more.
- To unlock a dungeon reward track, you will need to complete a story mode first, no matter if you have done it already.
- High levels of those reward tracks will have chances to give precusors and materials needed for legendary items.
- Building items (builds) in PvP lobby will be possible in single UI screen.
- Due to player feedback, PvP ranks will stay. From rank 40 and up, the scaling won't be so harsh and you no longer need to plan giving your account to your kids for the glorious dragon rank.
- PvP and PvE daily achievements will be merged.
- There will be a limit of 10,000 daily and 5,000 monthly achievement points per lifetime on single account. Poor nymph.
Apr 2 - Apr 3
The Megaserver System Parts: One Two Three
- Underflows. Aka less player-wise populated area on one server will be merged with other less populated area on other server(s) to populate the area more. Aka more players to play with.
- Server will prioritize putting you into a server with your friends and guildies (if the map isn’t full already).
- The megaserver system will be turned on only in level 1–15 maps, main cities, and the PvP lobby. For now. Depending on results, later updates will bring this to entire world.
Events and World Bosses
- World Bosses are now gonna be on repeating rotation schedule.
- Tequatl, the Evolved Jungle Wurm, and the Karka Queen. Since these events require the greatest amount of organization between players, they all occur within a three-hour window that begins approximately every eight hours. This is weighted towards regional prime times. Guilds will also get consumeable in research tree to summon those bosses in between the planned schedule.
- World bosses in 1–15 starting zones will be on repeating rotation at every 15 and 45-minute mark. Rotation is long 2 hours.
- Other world bosses will be on repeating rotation at every 30-minute and full hour marks. Rotation is long 3 hours.
- You can also find entire schedule here.
- Any of these events that did not previously have a failure mechanic or a timer will be getting one.
- Temples of Orr will not be synchronized at this time since they heavily influence the content ecosystem that they exist in.
- Difficulty of all boss events and their pre-events will be tweaked.
The megaserver system makes reporting and displaying the state of your destination map accurately quite impossible. With this in mind, we’ve decided to disable reporting of world state across maps entirely.
As a player, this will impact you in the following ways:
- Waypoints - All contestable waypoints on any map you’re not currently playing in will always appear contested. When you arrive in the map, you will be able to travel to these waypoints pending their local status.
- Dungeons - You will no longer be able to tell if a dungeon entrance is open until you’re on the same map.
- Temples of Orr - The cross-map mechanics of these temples will be disabled. Instead, god statues will be active only when the nearest temple is contested.